Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I am smarter than a donut

As I was (finally) watching the Mish Vid on cravings, I started to wonder what all this fuss is about food.

I mean, it's just molecules of stuff, some yummy, some yucky, some healthy, some heartburn material . . . you get the drift.  But it's just foreign material that exists in space, and every day, we all select a teeny tiny portion (yes, even a 2 litre tub of Maggie Beer's best icecream barely registers as a microscopic dot compared to the whole entire universe) of that material that we call 'food' to pop into our mouths.

As a result, we can function as human beings.

But depending upon whether this food stuff is good or evil, it performs a magic act on our insides (like making our eyes bright, our skin clear and our arteries clutter-free), or alternatively, curses us with thunder thighs and jelly bellies.

So why do we eat the donuts?  Are they possibly not inanimate objects at all, but baddies conspiring to make us fat?

Why don't we just eat pineapple instead?

I love myself too much to let a donut outsmart me.  I will ingest those forces of evil no more.  I choose to only pick out the best that the universe has to offer into my (thankfully changing, albeit slowly!) body.

I'm tempted to write, 'My Body is my Temple' but that's quite wrong on so many levels and that's a conversation better had over a few drinks (I'm thinking dry martini - minimum calories, maximum punch) than a blog.

All that need be said is that I am smarter than a donut.

4 comments:

  1. Exactly! I mean when was the last time a donut won the Nobel Prize for anything? A pineapple, on the other hand, has definitely been short listed. Another excellent post. I think 'I am smarter than a donut' would look fabulous on a T-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kate, maybe we should get a T-Shirt made up! Although maybe only you and I would get it.

    I wonder whether if we really worked on it, rather than people calling each other a "smart cookie", they could call each other a "Smart Pineapple".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm going to start right now. You are one very smart and funny and not at all prickly pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a crack up. Why oh why can't chocolate taste like crap and broccoli and cauliflower taste incredible, I'll never know! tee hee

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete